November 17, 2012

Banana Cake

I guess you've all realised by now that I seem to be getting a bit carried away with baking! Still nothing complex or worthy of the Great British Bake Off, but definitely more than I've attempted before.

This week I thought I'd make my brother's favourite cake as he has been working really hard recently and totally deserved a treat. I found this simple banana cake recipe on Allrecipes and gave it a go.


It's such a simple recipe I couldn't really believe it. I made it in a 2lb silicone loaf mould and as with the lemon drizzle cake that I made last week it needed longer in the oven (almost 15 minutes more than recommended). I don't know if this is because of my oven or how much it has to do with the mould. My verdict... I don't think I've ever even tried a piece of banana cake before but this one was awesome (even if I do say so myself!). I'll definitely make it again!


What's your favourite recipe or cake? Please comment and post a link to your recipe if you've shared it online :)