January 13, 2013

I'm Only Half Crazy...

Thanks to Heather at Diary Of A Running Mom I've signed up to another challenge!


To be honest I really wanted to do something like 12 half marathons in 2012 but I never signed up because I wanted to go without any pressure to run for a bit after doing the 2011 in 2011 challenge. (It's a good job I didn't as between my ITBand injury and (unrelated) surgeries I wouldn't have been able to do it).
However it's a New Year and I'm feeling pretty good again. There are two reasons that I didn't announce that I'd run 13 races on the 1st January...
  1. I wasn't sure that I could afford 13 half marathons in a year. 
  2. I don't know if I could sign up for 13 races because I don't know when I'm going to be in England or Texas so making plans and signing up for races is difficult

This challenge sounds great to me as Heather is keeping it pretty informal and more achievable. The only deal is that you must run 13 half marathons in the year. Here are her rules:
  • You must run 13 half marathons in the year 2013. They don't all have to be official races. These could be training runs too (that can be an run 13.1 or over). We know that races get expensive
  • Keep track of your races/runs and times. Email Heather them at the 1st of each month (heather.m.winkler@gmail.com). She'll post them along and link to your blog/race recap. If you don't have a blog that's fine too!
  • Post a link to her blog on your blog. She'll post links to bloggers who are participating
  • Have fun and at the end of the year you'll get some type of award - or at least bragging rights!
How do you enter?

Leave a comment on Heather's post with a link to your blog. That's it! Happy halves everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent blog, good to see someone is posting quality information. Thanks for sharing this useful information. Keep up the good work.
    half marathon training plan

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment :)