December 22, 2012

Cranberry and Ginger Relish

Today I made one of my favourite Christmas recipes. Now I'm not one for copying recipes to my blog as I prefer to link back to the original recipe online, however despite my best efforts I can not find this one anywhere on the web. It's a recipe I cut from a newspaper about 5 years ago so I'm not even able to credit the original writer (sorry). However it's simple and delicious and I really recommend it. You can make it a few days in advance and chill it in a sealed jar.

I adjust the below recipe to make about double and make sure to have a cinnamon stick in each jar for the flavour to infuse over the next couple of days before we eat it with our turkey dinner (yum)!

Ingredients:

300 g Fresh Cranberries

100 ml Water

100 g caster sugar

4 Pieces stem ginger in syrup finely cut into matchsticks

1/2 tsp Ground ginger

1 Cinnamon stick

Directions:

Put the cranberries and water into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the cranberries begin to pop.

Add the sugar, ginger and cinnamon. Give the mixture a stir to help the sugar dissolve. Cook over a high heat for another 4-5 minutes until the liquid has reduced to a sticky glaze

Transfer the relish to a bowl and allow to cool. If making ahead, spoon into a sterilised jar while still warm and seal tightly

So what are you waiting for? Go and stock up on some cranberries and get cooking ... you won't regret it!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :)