January 8, 2012

The Hardest Step....

This photo was one of the final posts from my 2011 blog though the meaning was no less true today than the morning I took the photo. 
I'm ready for the mornings to start getting lighter as getting up and setting off in the dark takes a lot more will power than it does on those bright spring mornings! 
Despite the hardest step I managed 26.6km this morning in 2 hours and 27 minutes. It's not quite as far as my marathon training plan calls for at the moment but after being ill earlier in the week I was happy with it. The pace (ave 5.30/km) was a bit faster than I'd usually do on my longer runs so I feel this makes up for the slight shortage in distance!

2 comments:

  1. You're a trooper no doubt about it...I'm barely able to get out of bed early in the morning much less out the door! However I do need to exercise...walking rather than running! Look forward though to your running during 2012!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment :)