December 21, 2013

Help Please!

I started running a few years ago and absolutely love it. I learned so much about running, form and nutrition through the challenges I gave myself... 2011km in 2011, half marathons and also a full marathon. However due to a ITB injury followed by several surgeries I've been out of action for so long that I feel like I've forgotten everything I learned.

I have a wonderful place to run and the winter weather here is perfect but I need advice, motivation and kind words about not being mean to myself for losing speed and stamina!



What's your favorite advice you give to your fellow runners when they're getting back into running after a break? What's your favorite running mantra? Please share with me and help me get back out there without giving myself a hard time!!

2 comments:

  1. Shona, I've been there there (and still am) but I've just decided to make a comeback too. For a start - I'm getting back into Twitter and follow you like I did before I left a year ago. And we can support each other.
    First thing I did this month was find a newbie running buddy so I can theach them all Ive learned over the years. As you teach & mentor THEM, you begin to remember stuff and motivate yourself. I also just committed myself to a really HARDCORE half marathon called 'The Baildon Boundry Way' on 6th April.I did it in 2008 and swore I'd never do it again because it was so tough.

    So now I have 2 goals
    1. to mentor a newby
    2. A hardcore race in April

    Now I have my fingers crossed and writing a plan.

    http://mrnimby.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/learning-to-run-with-heart-rate-training.html

    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first symptoms of ALS occurred in 2014, but was diagnosed in 2016. I had severe symptoms ranging from shortness of breath, balance problems, couldn't walk without a walker or a power chair, i had difficulty swallowing and fatigue. I was given medications which helped but only for a short burst of time, then I decided to try alternative measures and began on ALS Formula treatment from Tree of Life Health clinic. It has made a tremendous difference for me (Visit w w w. treeoflifeherbalclinic .com ). I had improved walking balance, increased appetite, muscle strength, improved eyesight and others. ]

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment :)