September 25, 2012

RACES!!!

If there's one thing I've learned in the last two years it's that I LOVE TO RACE! I'm never going to be a world beater but I love to challenge myself and to have the opportunity to run with others. However as you will probably know from my rantings on here, between the injury I picked up early in the year and the surgery I had a couple of months ago, training and racing has been impossible.

If I'm honest I really wanted to run the Bridlington half marathon again. Unfortunately it's on the 21st October which is less than 4 weeks away and I'm just not on form for the distance. However much I'd love to run it, I'm worried that I could injure myself by pushing up the distance training too quickly.

I was feeling a bit down about the whole thing until I looked online and found that there are LOADS of races in Yorkshire over the next couple of months

Here are some that I get to chose from....

Sutton Park 10k
Bramham Park 10k
Pickering and Moors 10k
Wistow 10k
Boroughbridge 10 mile
Harewood Trail 10mile
Guy Fawkes 10mile
Dalby Dash 10k
Leeds Abbey 10k

So with all those options in mind, I've decided that this should be my season of 10k-ers and 10 milers including some mixed terrain races. Several of them have the option to register on the day which is great, though I do plan to sign up for a couple in advance just to make sure I have the focus that an impending race gives me. For some reason I fancy the Dolby Dash even though I've heard it's a monster with a HUGE hill to start off. I think I should give that one a bit more consideration before signing up :D

oh yeah... and how could I forget the Skipton Santa run to finish them all off :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :)